Job: EVENT COORDINATOR (Boynton Beach)
The Event Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization events, including but not limited to, fundraising, education, membership and community events. The position reports to the Executive Director. The job is based at 915 S. Federal Highway in Boynton Beach. Start Date: As soon as possible
· Assisting with the identification, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgement of donors, sponsors, grantors and other sources of funding
· Planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of events
· Managing event logistics
· Event communications including event and meeting notifications, website, social media posts, internal communications etc.
· Maintaining event records, such as mailing, donor, volunteer, class and other lists
· Preparing materials for classes, meetings, events, etc.
· Recruiting, coordinating, training and nurturing volunteers
· Assisting with external marketing
· Performing general clerical/administrative duties pertaining to daily office functions
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Two to four years experience in fundraising and event planning
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills
· Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and volunteers
· Ability to work some weekends and evenings as required
· Ability to work in a small non-profit environment with multiple projects going on simultaneously
· Ability to lift heavy objects and stand on feet for long hours during events
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and online marketing and event platforms
· Must have a vehicle to use for work-related transportation
Please send resumes to anne. / anne (AT) goldcoastdownsyndrome.org.