The Miami Chapter of the Hispanic Public Relations Association Announces Its Board of Directors for 2017
HPRA Miami Will Engage and Promote the City’s Latino Communications Experts and Provide Opportunities for Professional Development and Networking
February 07, 2017 09:03 AM Eastern Standard Time
MIAMI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA), Miami Chapter, is pleased to announce its 2017 Board of Directors and chapter leadership. The Association’s mission is to advance the practice of Hispanic public relations as a marketing discipline, serve as the voice for professionals working in the Hispanic communications field in Miami, empower its 100+ members through support, resources and education, and offer guidance and assistance to students pursuing careers in the field.
2017 @HPRA_MIA Board of Directors ready for a new year. Join us! #hpramiami #PR
“Our new board is a reflection of Miami’s cultural diversity and the ongoing transformation of the PR industry,” said Jackie Cardozo, HPRA Miami President. “We are a diverse group of corporate communications professionals specialized in different areas within the industry, from public relations for the public and private sectors to content distribution to digital marketing. We are all very eager to bring our knowledge, enthusiasm and fresh ideas to revamp the Chapter and connect with our members.”
The HPRA Miami 2017 Board includes:
· President, Jackie Cardozo, Account Executive at Business Wire
· President-Elect, Yazmine Esparza, Senior Account Supervisor at Edelman
· Treasurer, Margarita Hernandez, Executive Account Director at PR Newswire
· Secretary, Stephan Useche, Client Services at LatinoWire/Business Wire
The 2017 Board of Directors includes:
· Director of Scholarships, Ixta Gerard, Co-Founder and Executive Director at PResencia Group
· Director of Programming, Ines Mato, Strategic Planning & Performance Analyst at City of Miami
· Director of Networking, Estefania Acosta Rubio, President at #TEAMEMAR
· Director of Professional Development, Jessica Barrios, Communications Project Manager at International Vapor Group
As in previous years, HPRA Miami will continue offering media tours and professional development opportunities like webinars and in-person meetings, and sharing its knowledge about Hispanic communications marketing through thought leadership pieces and industry discussions. This year, the Miami Chapter will launch a Mentorship Program as part of the membership benefits and will continue working in support of the next generation of Hispanic communications professionals through scholarship opportunities.
To join, individual HPRA membership is $125, $30 for students, and corporate members receive a 15% discount on a minimum of five individual memberships. For more information please visit www.hpra-usa.org.