Note: Book signing to be held June 7 in Stuart, Fla.
Penguin Random House publishes creativity book written by Treasure Coast PR executive
Doreen Marcial Poreba, APR, known regionally as founder and owner of the award-winning agency, The PR Czar® Inc., has authored the book, Idiot’s Guide: Unlocking Your Creativity, which became available for sale worldwide on May 5, 2015. Published by Alpha Books, a division of Dorling Kindersley™ Limited, A Penguin Random House Company, the book helps readers get past the barriers that keep them from being creative at work and in their daily life. Readers also will discover that creativity is the engine that drives business innovation and it’s also the path to personal self-fulfillment.
The Idiot’s Guide: Unlocking Your Creativity is available in paperback or eBook and may be purchased online at www.creativecaboose.com as well as bookstores and online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Poreba’s first book signing will be held at 4:30 p.m., June 7, at Unity of Stuart, 211 SE Central Parkway, Stuart. She will give a talk about the creative process before signing books.
“I have spent the last three decades in the creative field of public relations and last year I became a certified creativity coach, which led to the writing of this book,” said Poreba. Prior to the certification program, which took more than two years to complete, she conducted creativity classes and workshops. “When I saw how much people benefited, it became a passion to continue to help both individuals and groups tap into their creativity and fulfill their creative potential,” said Poreba, who lives in Stuart.
The Idiot’s Guide: Unlocking Your Creativity book includes:
• A tangible overview of creative thinking and the creative process—and how getting better at it will improve work performance as well as personal happiness.
• Advice for leading or being part of a creative team, and how best to work together to come up with solutions and innovations.
• Tips for creative problem solving as an individual or team.
• Help with finding a creative outlet that matches one’s interests and talents.
• A systematic process for learning to bring creativity to every aspect of one’s life.
• Inspirational success stories of how people have faced and overcome creative challenges in a variety of situations.
• Dozens of engaging exercises to overcome obstacles and help jump-start creativity.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Doreen Marcial Poreba (Stuart, Florida), founder of The Creative Caboose, a division of The PR Czar® Inc., has a love for all things creative and firmly believes that everyone is creative. As a certified creativity coach, she helps full-time creative practitioners, emerging artists, hobbyists, retirees, business professionals, and entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. Poreba is devoted to empowering others to uncover, recover, and discover their creativity in a one-on-one or group setting. Her own award-winning creativity path has taken her through the joys and challenges of finding and executing innovative business solutions and she continues to work as a PR pro. She is also a photographer, freelance writer, multi-instrumentalist musician, and singer-songwriter.
# # #