Dignitaries and International Business Leaders to Speak at the 11th Annual International Business Trade Conference & EXPO
Lauderhill, FL (October 2014) – The 11th Annual International Business Trade Expo (IBTE), “Expanding Beyond Our Borders,” will be held Thursday, October 16 at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. The event promotes international trade and highlights the significant impact that bilateral trade has in South Florida’s economy.
Business leaders from across the globe will convene to strategize on how to promote and expand bilateral trade between Florida the Caribbean and Latin America. Attendees will hear from experts on trade issues and regulations affecting Florida’s international business economy, and more.
Features Speakers, Panels and Workshops:
Workshop: "Trade Opportunities in Latin America"
- Doreen Hemlock, Business Reporter, Sun Sentinel (moderator)
- Glenn Wiltshire, Deputy Director Port Everglades (panelist)
- Carolina Coulson, Director, Colombian American Chamber of Commerce (panelist)
Workshop: "11 Steps to Exporting, A Road Map to Your Exporting Success"
- Paola Isaac Baraya, Economic Development Specialist-International Trade, Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development (Moderator/Panelist)
- Parbatee Chang, International Trade Specialist, Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) (panelist)
- Barbara Pimentel, Executive Vice President, Florida Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association (FCBF) — (panelist)
- Tyler Hacking, U.S. Commercial Officer, South Florida U.S. Export Assistance Center/U.S. Department of Commerce (panelist)
Workshop: "Financing Your Business Growth"
- Daisy Ramos-Winfield, Executive Vice President, Florida Export Finance Corporation (FEFC) (panelist)
Workshop — "Import Regulations Briefing"
- Jennifer Diaz, Shareholder, Becker&Poliakoff (speaker)
Keynote Addresses Presented by:
- Al Lewis Executive Editor of the South Florida Business Journal — breakfast
- Brett Hamsik,Economic Policy Advisor for the Office of Economic Policy and Summit Coordination, U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs — lunch
The days’ events are all inclusive for $120 nonmembers and $100 for Chamber members. To receive event updates and register go to For additional information call The Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce at (954) 318-6118.
IBTE is hosted by the Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce (LRCC) in partnership with:Florida Chamber of Commerce; Enterprise Florida; City of Lauderhill; Broward Center for the Performing Arts; Unique Production International, and MD Marketing Network.
Please forward this as appropriate. Media at no charge with advance RSVP. We appreciate all attention and coverage of this event. Call Linda Hamburger @ oncallpr for media queries, 561.372.9691